Eggbase is an award-winning, innovative, agile, agri-tech software company supporting the egg and poultry meat sectors to improve productivity, enhance bird welfare and accelerate the sustainability agenda. Our secure, fully permissioned SaaS platform with state-of-the-art data analytics dashboards, data connectivity tools and a unique, verified, carbon footprinting calculator has clients in seven countries and is widely used by farmers, breeders, distributors, supermarkets, feed suppliers, vets and auditors. Further information about the company and its services may be found here.
Eggbase is a supportive working environment comprising a stable team who each work from home. We wish to recruit another part-time Data Analyst to run our independently verified carbon-footprinting programme; collaborating remotely with colleagues, egg and poultry farmers and their supply chain partners and reporting directly to the Managing Director/Founder.
• On-going management of client carbon footprint baselines
• Offering support to clients who are using our online integrated carbon footprint tool
• Liaison with clients and undertaking one-off carbon footprints
• Implementing bespoke, compelling, data visualisations for clients to view data insights
• Developing and continually improving our data models through monitoring and staying abreast of the latest industry science and client requirements
• Representing, promoting and networking Eggbase at industry events and trade shows
• Experience programming Microsoft PowerBI, Microsoft Excel and VBA macros
• Competent in a range of statistical and data analysis techniques
• Experience of SQL and Python programming would be useful but not essential
• An understanding of carbon footprinting in agriculture is desirable but not essential
• The ability to work with initiative, exercising good time management and organisation
• A fast learner, broad and creative thinker
• Absolute loyalty and confidentiality, team-player, cultural sensitivity
• Good writing, communication, inter-personal skills and confident when communicating with clients
• Ability to work remotely with occasional UK travel to industry events and trade shows
• Education to degree level, be fluent in English and entitled to work in the United Kingdom
• Salary £25K FTE
• Pension scheme
• 25 days FTE holiday excluding Bank Holidays
• Company laptop and required software licences
• UK-based/remote working of 20 hours per week/4 hours per day
Applications should be submitted by email to Anne Fleck, Managing Director, email@example.com, and should include a CV and covering letter setting out how you would be a great fit for this post. Please also submit the names and contact details of two referees, of which at least one should be professional/academic, and ensure they are happy for us to contact them.
Applications submitted by social media or without a covering letter will not be considered or acknowledged. Strictly no agencies.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 21st July 2023
Eggbase works from a variety of locations across the North of England. In the first instance, interviews will be conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams. Second interviews will take place at mutually convenient locations during August.
Start Date: Tuesday 5 September 2023